Restyled Denim

Tuesday, July 10, 2012


Peplum: H&M ($15) (similar)
Buffalo by David Bitton Denim: Loehmann's (similar here)
Heels: Marshalls (also here)
Necklace: Target ($7) 










These jeans were my first "designer" jeans ever
I was elated when I left the store with these and they quickly became my favorite jeans. After about 8 years, I still held onto them even though they weren't my style anymore. I decided to restyle the flared baggy jeans into sleek skinny jeans. I simply sewed the inside hem in a few inches, to be the exact fit I wanted, then trimmed the newly sewn hem. Sadly, I didn't take a before picture, so just imagine baggy flared Laguna Beach-esque jeans.
I dressed them up a bit with this gorgeous peplum (on clearance), my favorite nude studded heels, and a lovely agate necklace. Perfect outfit for a coffee date with my husband!

Thank you for reading!

9 comments:

  1. that is such a great idea! I can't tell you how many pairs of designer "flared" jeans I own from back in the day that I don't wear right now b/c they're not in style. I'd love to get them back in rotation so I'm totally going to figure out how to do this! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those lorissa pumps by Sam Edelman! One of my staple pieces.. I just did a post on his summer 12 collection.. I need a peplum top like that in my life..
    mspchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're adorable and I love this outfit. Tank is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG your shoes, total envy going on over here right about now. Fabulous outfit!

    Erin
    www.simplyjustlovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely look!!! Simple and chic.

    octoberchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this whole look. Those jeans are perfect for you!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vera Wang has the exact same shoes at Kohls right now on sale!! Love the blog : )

    http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/simplyveraverawang/shoes/PRD~985196/Simply+Vera+Vera+Wang+PeepToe+High+Heels.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that shirt! love those shoes!!
    very pretty!

    www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your burberry bag in this post! What is the name of it?

    ReplyDelete