Chasing Dreams

Wednesday, March 11, 2015


Top - Plato's Closet 
DIY Ripped Jeans - Thrifted and Restyled
Booties - Thrifted
Chain Clutch - c/o Marshalls











Over the past year, I've grown my photography business more than I could have imagined. I haven't chatted about it much here, but it's been such a great and fulfilling experience for me. I will admit, it was scary in the beginning, but I didn't want to be controlled by fear and in a job I hated. I went to school and got a degree in Early Childhood Development, but it just wasn't my dream. I always wanted to be a photographer, but was intimidated and had no idea where to even begin. Nick was the one to push me towards this career plunge and encouraged me countless nights when I had doubts. 
Getting the chance to run my own business, meet amazing clients and plan beautiful shoots has been a dream. I feel like such a #girlboss, especially after I started from scratch, working my little booty off to build it. I love that I'm able to use my creativity every day and get the honor of capturing special moments for people. One of the best parts is that I still get to enjoy days with Uriah and be a full-time mom, but when I have sessions or editing (so.much.editing) to finish, Uriah gets to spend the day with his aunts, uncles, and grandparents. It's the best of both worlds! 

With being a lifestyle and wedding photographer, dressing the part is important. For my lifestyle sessions, I wear outfits like the one I'm wearing today, except I may switch out the shoes depending on the location. Pants can be tricky because I am bending or squatting and they need to be stretchy for comfort reasons. And heck, I don't want to ruin a pair I love! I picked up this pair at a thrift store and decided to distress them a bit for a edgier look. After adding a few rips and a raw hemline, they've become one of my favorite pairs. I switched out my flats for heels, and my camera bag for a cute clutch and headed out to dinner with my family after my shoot. 
If you want to see my photography, head over to my website HERE

I love collaborating- especially for fashion related shoots, so if you're in the Bay Area and have some fun ideas..let's chat!




2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! Love your jeans <3
    Kisses,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit. It's so simple and chic. The sweater is really nice.

    Diary of Elegance
    http://diaryofelegance.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete