Spring Prints

Monday, March 2, 2015




















 






outfit 1:
Romper ($3.50) & Blazer - c/o Marshalls
Heels - Steve Madden
Givenchy Clutch - Thrifted

outfit 2:
Dress ($5.00) - c/o Marshalls
Heels - Thrifted

outfit 3:
Joe's Jeans & Leather Jacket- c/o Marshalls
Top - H&M
Heels - Thrifted


While spring is not officially here, we have been having quite a few warm spring-like days. When I wake up with the sun shining brightly, I can't help but bust out the bright prints and breezy fabrics. I love to give my wardrobe a little refresh at the start of the season, so I usually head to Marshalls to get some spring essentials. For spring especially, I gravitate towards bright prints; whether it's geometrics patterns, florals, or soft water colors- I'm sold! The nights tend to stay cool, so I want something that can transition easily into summer, but can still be worn in the cooler months. I have always been a fan of anything and everything printed. Jeans, blazers, dresses, kimonos- you name it! Prints are a great transition items for when it's time to shed those winter layers And don't be intimidated by bold prints- there's a print for everyone! Sometimes these can be outside of our comfort zone, but I'm sharing a few ways to try this trend for spring.





Tips for wearing spring prints
__________

Bright Rompers - Most rompers come in vibrant, beautiful prints. The best part about rompers is that you don't need to stress about what you will pair it with because it's one piece. The only decisions you need to make involve accessories- I don't know about you, but that makes getting ready a million times easier! If you're looking for trendy rompers, make sure to head over to The Cube during your next Marshalls visit. They always carry great ones and they're usually under $20! Like this firework romper from a recent post or the romper I'm wearing above. The geometric romper I'm wearing was actually on the clearance rack. I was on the fence, but when I saw the insane price tag, it wasn't even a question. When I say insane, I really mean it! I paid $3.50 for this. No joke! Less than a latte. I dressed it up with a beaded belt (to add a little texture) and some studded heels. The romper is a bold print, but when paired with simple accessories, it makes quite the statement.

Printed Dresses - Most dresses come in pretty prints, so look for unique fits and cuts. The dress I'm wearing has a great off the shoulder top (one of my favorite solliuettes) paired with a cinched waist and flirty length. This dress is another clearance find- it was only $5.00. I was drawn to the pastel paisley print(perfect for spring)...and who am I kidding- I loved that it was only $5.00. One great thing about Marshalls is that I can buy trendy dresses, like the one above, but also some of my favorite investment ones! People are always surprised when they find out Marshalls carries amazing designer brands like Free People, Parker, and Joie. When wearing printed dresses the possibilities are truly endless; you can mix prints with a fun scarf or patterned sweater, add a simple blazer, or dress up your look with some chic lace-up heels. And you can score all those items in one stop at Marshalls.

Printed Pants - I know these can be super intimidating, but I believe theres a style for everyone! If you're new to this trend, try a neutral print or a light polka dot. Both of these are great ways to try out the trend without wearing something too bold. My favorite is printed denim, because they still have the denim wash we all love, but with subtle accent. I like to keep the rest of my outfit very simple when I wear printed pants, like the killer pair I'm wearing above! The tuxedo strip was essential for breaking up the scarf print, while adding a little length to my leg. They look like a trouser, but they're actually white jeans with a print on top. These Joe's jeans fit like a glove and were only $39.99. Score! There are a ton of great options at Marshalls for all shapes and sizes. And who knows, you may be reaching for those bright floral pants soon! 

Spring Printed Blouses - If printed pants, dresses or rompers are still too bold, a blouse is the perfect way to refresh your look and add some color and dimension to your closet. The best part is that you can pair it with your favorite jeans and flats, or dress it up with a textured lace skirt and sandals. Just like dresses, printed blouses are incredibly versatile! Try to step outside of your comfort zone with a bold blouse or by mixing prints. 



Adding prints is a great way to bring some color to your wardrobe and get ready for the warmer months to come. All the outfits I posted feature great spring prints and together cost under $50. Insane!  I hope you got a little inspiration for spring and are ready to head over to your local Marshalls to score some of the items I shared about. They get new items every single day, so you never know what you will find when you go. It's like a treasure hunt!

How do you plan to wear prints this spring?
Thank you for reading!


Disclosure: I have received free products or value from Marshalls or The TJX Companies, Inc. 
in connection with my affiliation with Marshalls Project FAB
As always, all opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. such a fan of the rompers! looks fab on you : )

    lacee swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I just cannot pick a favorite look out of these three. They are all SO GOOD. I am dying for every item!!! Love it!
    XO Rach
    www.lamariposablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these outfits are so good! I love the blue & white jeans with that jacket!

    www.loveprettyis.blogspot.com

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. cannot decide which look I like more - the romper on the first look is so pretty, and the jacket on the second look is such a great piece! :)


    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete